REVIEW: Etude House Sweet Recipe Dear My Jelly Lips Talk

Korean beauty products have taken the spotlight lately all over the world. Beauty bloggers everywhere are raging about how BB creams and skincare from Korea are top-notch. I see brands like Tony Moly, Dr. Jart, and even Amore Pacific popping up in my local Sephora! The only problem was that brands that are not yet popular in America are super difficult to find and to get a hold of which totally sucks! Fortunately, I was able to find some of these Sweet Recipe Dear My Jelly Lips Talk lip sticks by Etude House on Ebay (but you can buy them on Amazon, HERE) and I couldn't help but scoop up five of my favorite colors! I wish I could own all of them, but hopefully I'll be able to complete my collection soon.



Swatches from Left to Right: JPK001  |  JPK002  |  JPK003  |  JPK004  |  JOR202


Before I go into detail by reviewing each one individually, I just want to point out the pros and cons...

PROS: ALL of the lipsticks in the Sweet Recipe Dear My Jelly Lips Talk collection have a super smooth formula. The lipstick glides on effortlessly and super easy; it sometimes feels like you're applying a gloss because it's so...jelly-like! It's like if a lipstick and a lipgloss had a baby, this is what it would be. I especially love how sheer it is because no matter what your natural lip color is, ANY color would work for you. Each color is buildable, so for each lipstick below that I'm wearing, I did 2-3 swipes. 
Top from L to R: Natural Lip  |  JPK001  |  JPK002
Bottom from L to R: JPK003  |  JPK004  |  JOR202

CONS: Now, the lasting power of these lipsticks is probably the BIGGEST con for me... It comes off super easily and is NOT long lasting. Another problem I tend to have with this lipstick is that it always settles into my fine lines. 


  • JPK001 - When you look at the lipstick itself, it looks super clear and a very light pink almost like it wouldn't have any pigmentation whatsoever, but do not be fooled. I was super surprised at the color it turned my lips when I applied it. It looked like a really pretty pink and it is definitely noticeable! 
  • JPK002 - For some unexplainable reason, this color looks really similar to JPK001 to me (maybe I didn't build the color enough). It is a super pretty sheer reddish-pink.
  • JPK003 - This is my all-time favorite color in this whole lipstick collection and maybe MY whole lipstick collection. I find myself reaching for this practically every day. If I could recommend one staple color for anyone to have, THIS IS IT! However, I find that the formula settles into my fine lines a lot in this color :'(
  • JPK004 - love this orange shade. It's almost like an orangey-coral mix and it's also a color that pops! But in a good way :)
  • JOR202 - This is a perfect "first step" shade if you're afraid to rock an orange lip! It's super sheer and adds a light tint to the lips.


Overview: All in all, I would definitely purchase these again and again. I just love how effortless it is to apply and the jelly formula for these lipsticks They are super easy to incorporate into your makeup routine without looking like you're trying too hard!



The Etude House Sweet Recipe Dear My Jelly Lips Talk are available HERE!



No comments