UNBOXING: May 2015 BOXYCHARM

It's my favorite time of the month... AKA whenever a beauty box arrives into my mailbox! I received my BOXYCHARM today for the month of May. Boxycharm is a beauty box subscription service that costs $21 a month. They send you 4-5 FULL-SIZE (and the occasional deluxe-sized) items, which is a pretty great steal in my opinion. They're always able to come up with great items to send and the boxes always have an incredible value! The theme for this month's box is Bold & Beautiful!





WHAT WAS INCLUDED:

ModelCo BRONZE SHIMMER - Retail Value = $22
This is a pretty warm brown bronzer with little pieces of gold microglitter for that shimmering glow! It claims that it can be used for both the face and the body. I think this would be the perfect bronzer to use especially for the summer months to add a little sunkissed glow on your face!




The Lip Bar Lipstick (Color varies; I received Purple Rain) - Retail Value = $20
The lipstick I got was a beautiful purple shade. I normally tend to reach for reds and pinks, but purple is a nice and very BOLD addition to my collection! It comes in a super cool black velvet pouch and the packaging on the lipstick is to die for. The formula is creamy and not drying at all!





Bodyography Essential Brow Trio - Retail Value = $19
I know the whole trend right now is having bold brows and a lot of people draw on or like to fill in their brows, but that's just not me! I like to keep my natural so I really wasn't that crazy over this product. It's nice how Boxycharm decided to include an item that had three different shades since not everyone has the same eyebrow color! 




Bodyography Brow Brush - Retail Value = $19
I love how they included a brush this month! It's nice that it's double-ended because it's like two brushes in one, BUT I just hate figuring out how to store this without one end getting dirty or being at the bottom of my brush holder. The only thing I can think of is to just have it lay sideways in my drawer.





Lauren B. Beauty Nail Polish (Color varies; I got Sunset Blvd.) - Retail Value = $18
This is a beautiful shade of bright red/coral for the summer months! I'm super excited to start painting my fingers and toes with this.


TOTAL VALUE = $98

Isn't that crazy?! I only paid $21, but the value of this box was almost $100! I honestly don't know how they do it sometimes... This box wasn't my favorite at all this month, but I'm happy that tried to introduce me to new brands like The Lip Bar and Bodyography! I'm sticking with Boxycharm for one more month to see if they can keep me. Lately I've been feeling like I receive a bunch of nice makeup, but it hasn't been anything that I LOVE in a while.

No comments