UNBOXING: June 2015 Birchbox!


I just received my June Birchbox and was honestly a bit disappointed... Birchbox promised that every subscriber would receive a FULL-SIZE Eyeko Fat Liquid Eyeliner which retails for $16. Of course, I was BEYOND excited after hearing that and decided to keep my subscription till June. Well, the eyeliner was apparently stuck in customs and we didn't receive it, nor did we receive any other full-sized item of equal value to replace it. :'( 

ANYWAY, I know you all are excited to see the unboxing, so I'll get to it!



WHAT IS BIRCHBOX?

Birchbox is a monthly beauty and lifestyle sample subscription service for women, and there's even a box for men! The samples range from skincare, bodycare, haircare, makeup, hair accessories, fragrances, or lifestyle items. They promise to never send you the same sample twice!

Cost: $10 a month for women, $20 a month for men

What you get: 4-5 SAMPLES 



MY JUNE 2015 UNBOXING:

Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle



COOLA Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face



Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow



Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner in Electric Blue



Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels




Lifestyle Extra:
Emi Jay Hair Tie




Bonus Extra:
Benefit They're Real! Push-up Liner in Beyond Brown




REVIEW:

Honestly, this box was not worth the $10 for me. My favorite item out of the bunch was definitely the  Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels. It's only one pair of eye gels, but this item was the most fun for me to use and it felt relaxing! Numerous lucky Birchbox subscribers also won a free sample of Benefit's They're Real! Push-up Liner like I did in mine. The rest of the items weren't that fabulous for me and I could have passed on them.

Lately, I've been receiving repeat samples from Birchbox even though that's not supposed to happen. If it does happen to you to, don't be afraid to let their customer service know at support@birchbox.zendesk.com! They have decent customer service and will compensate you for the duplicate sample!

 The past two months have been disappointments for me, but I still have the July subscription left. After the last two boxes, I don't think Birchbox is the right fit for me. If you're into sample-sized items with a nice variety, this would be the perfect box for you! Unfortunately, if you're into full-sized samples or a more makeup-based subscription service, this won't be your best bet. I tend to get a lot of haircare products like shampoo and lifestyle products like shaving cream, shaving wipes, etc, but not a lot of makeup.



What beauty box subscription services are you a member of and absolutely love?

2 comments

  1. OOH I AM SO GLAD I READ YOUR REVIEW BEFORE I EMAILED BIRCHBOX!! Because i was like wtf where is the eyeko liner and I got those hair claws in replace of it lol. I have been loving all my birchboxes but I do have to agree with you that these past 2 months have been meehhee nothing to exciting in one way it is because I have 2 accts so then I get doubles of some of my favorite items and I do wish they would put more makeup than anything like how Ipsy used to be but as of lately they have been all around in the samples hair,skin,and less makeup and less full sized items how I used to receive the first year I was subscribed to them. Last year was Ipsy's worst year ever! xoxo- Cynthia www.cdelbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know, I was SO disappointed to not see the Eyeko Liner :'( I was also sad that they didn't let us know beforehand you know? Like the only reason I kept it till June was for the eyeliner... I just always receive so many hair care products like shampoo and conditioner and I'm looking for more skincare or makeup products.

      I totally agree! Ipsy was pretty bad last year, but they've gotten SO much better and are also including a lot of great brands now. I might be leaving Birchbox and giving Ipsy another chance or 3BBox if I can get off the waitlist!

      Delete