UNBOXING: August 2015 Target Beauty Box

This is my very first time subscribing to the Target Beauty Box. These beauty boxes usually roll out every season, but this one came out soon after the 'Fall' one and it's definitely not even close to the Winter season yet! I'm starting to think that they're trying to make this a regular monthly occurrence especially since competitors like Sephora are starting their own subscription services.



Anyway, I ordered this beauty box mainly because I had just ran out of the Hair Food Apricot & Honey Hair Mask. Let me just say that it is AMAZING! Not only does it smell like heavenly goodness, but it also transforms my hair into a soft and silky texture. It makes me want to run my fingers through my hair...  All. The. Time.



WHAT IS THE TARGET BEAUTY BOX?


It's Target's own exclusive handpicked beauty box that includes new must-haves for you to try. This box contains warm-weather faves and essentials in one convenient box to help you beat the heat and keep your look fresh and fabulous.
Cost: $7
What you get: Samples, deluxe samples, and full-sized beauty products including anything from makeup, skincare, haircare, oral care, and body care. This particular box has a guaranteed value of $35.


UNBOXING


Here is the info card:



CoverGirl Super Sizer Mascara by Lashblast (FULL SIZE) - Retail Value: $5.99
WHAT: Get up to 400 percent fuller lashes with the unique load and comb brush.
THOUGHTS: I'm a mascara junkie and I'm always excited to try out new mascara. The wand is stick straight, which would work really well in coating every single lash! However, the claim that it'll give 400% more volume sounds kinda gimmicky...



Fekkai Pré-Soleil Hair Mist (Deluxe Sample - 1.7 FL OZ) - Retail Value: ~$6.80 (Full Size - 5 FL OZ for $19.99)
WHAT: Pre-sun spray helps protect hair from sun damage, while also boosting shine.
THOUGHTS: I'm pretty excited for this item since I've never done much to protect my hair from the sun's rays. I know that my hair does face some sun damage; my hair is always SO hot since I have very dark brown hair that absorbs heat :(. This would also be the perfect hair mist to carry around for traveling, especially on beach trips!



Hair Food Moisturizing Mask (FULL SIZE) - Retail Value: $11.99
WHAT: A deep-cleansing mask that removes dulling residues to reveal luster and shine.
THOUGHTS: I've tried this hair mask before this box, and I am OBSESSED. This is the sole reason why I wanted to purchase this beauty box! This item alone is almost double what you paid for the box, so it's definitely worth. This mask makes your hair super soft and silky. Plus, it smells like a heavenly mix of apricot and honey, uh yes please!



Olay Active Botanicals Moisturizing Toner (Deluxe Sample/Trial Size - 0.6 FL OZ) - Retail Value: $3.99
WHAT: Non-drying toner removes excess dirt and oil, leaving skin soft and fresh.
&
Olay Active Botanicals Day Lotion (Deluxe Sample/Trial Size - 0.6 FL OZ) - Retail Value: $3.99
WHAT: Lightweight formula features hydra-complex and snow mushroom to hydrate skin for up to 24 hours.
THOUGHTS: Yes, you read that right; these tiny bottles both retail for $3.99 EACH. I just couldn't believe it; I thought it was a pricing error online, but it's this price in stores too. This is so overpriced, so if you're wanting to try these, definitely just pick up this beauty box LOL. This whole box is cheaper than buying both of those trial sized bottles. These are just "eh" to me... nothing that special or great about them in my opinion.



Crest 3D Whitestrips 1hr Express (Sample - 1 pack) - Retail Value: ~$12.50 (Full Size - 4 pack, $49.99)
WHAT: Non-slip strips are packed with enamel-safe whitening agents to remove years of stains.
THOUGHTS: I'm a huge fan of Crest whitestrips, but I'm definitely not a fan of the price tag. I'm happy to give this a try, but I personally would not spend $50 for just 4 packs or even $12.50 for one...



COST OF BOX: $7 + TAX (Mine was $7.47)
TOTAL BOX VALUE (According to what Target claimed) : $35 
TOTAL BOX VALUE (I researched the prices on Target): ~$45.26 



PLUS, there are two coupons included: a $3 off $15 beauty purchase at Target and a 20% off Harry Josh Pro Tools (CODE: WELOVEHAIR)




Obviously, the value you get for what you paid is incredibly high! I definitely recommend this box to everyone, but unfortunately it sold out a few days ago... :(

I hope that these Target beauty boxes start appearing more than once a season (it seems like they will)! They've been improving non-stop and I'm so excited to see what they include in their next one.

 Let me know what you think about the box :)

No comments