REVIEW: Peripera Airy Ink Velvet (#1 Heart Grapefruit, #2 Pretty Orange Pink, #3 Sold Out Red, #4 Beautiful Coral Pink, #5 Elf Light Rose)

One of my favorite lip tints to wear lately has been the Peripera Airy Ink Velvet. Peripera has made a name for themselves when it comes to lip products with their lip tints being a cult favorite. Personally, I think their lip tints are some of the best! They're one of the few products that I find myself needing to collect and I haven't been able to put these Airy Ink Velvet ones down.







PERIPERA AIRY INK VELVET



INGREDIENTS (This is a general list of ingredients; Ingredients differ per shade, but full lists weren't listed anywhere)


Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyglyceryl-2 triisostearate, Titanium Dioxide, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Ferric Oxide, Red 28 Lake, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, “C.I. 45410:1”, Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil, Cottonseed Oil, Mango Seed Oil

PRODUCT WEIGHT8G 

RETAIL PRICE$7-8




The Airy Ink Velvet comes housed in Peripera's signature dropper-looking bottles, but FYI, they're not actually droppers (it's plastic). What sets the Airy Ink Velvet apart from the other Peripera lip tint lines is that the bottle is frosted and slightly transparent.


Twisting open the cap reveals a slanted doe-foot applicator, which aids in making it easy to apply the tint at an angle. What's unique about this particular applicator is that there is a hole in the center! This holds the product for a more even application on the lips and allows for product to pass through consistently rather then just depositing the tint all at once from the get-go.

Peripera states that the hole in the middle gives the tint its light-as-air texture because it allows for air to pass through. Personally, I feel like that's just a marketing tactic and it sounds kind of gimmicky, but I do like the applicator a lot.



I don't know what it is about Peripera and their lip tints, but they just do them SO well! I am so in love with this formula and it's my favorite out of all of their lip tint lines that I've tried. I've tried the Peri's Ink (I think this is their original line) and I also own nearly every shade of the Ink Velvet line, which was my favorite until now! I also know that they recently released Cloud Ink Velvets, which I am DYING to try.

Compared to the Ink Velvet tints, the Airy Ink Velvets are pretty similar. I find these to be lighter on the lips and nearly weightless (hence, "airy"). These also apply better than the Ink Velvets and mask any dry spots while the Ink Velvets doesn't do as great of a job.



The formula of these are are amazing. They're light and fluffy, almost like a mousse formula, but also thin like a gel. It's whipped and glides on effortlessly onto the lips. This velvety formula not only feels comfortable on, it also smooths over my lips and makes my lip lines less apparent! Plus it feels very nourishing on the lips and doesn't dry them out.

I was really surprised by the formula and the texture of these because they applied so easily. One of the ingredients in this tint is Dimethicone, which I think attributes to why it smoothes over my lips so nicely making them look soft and plush. It fills in my fine lines and creates a nice even coat. Because of their spreadability, these are great for creating gradient lips too!

One thing to note is that the Airy Ink Velvets do contain an unusual scent. While the regular Ink Velvets have a fruity, peachy scent, the Airy Ink Velvets smell very clean and soapy, like detergent. It's not something I hate, but it took me by surprise.


The finish is a slight glossy sheen initially, but once it settles down, it turns into a more natural velvety finish. To achieve a more velvet matte finish, just take a piece of tissue and blot your lips (which is what I did in the second photos of each lip swatch)!

To my knowledge there are 15 current shades in the Airy Ink Velvet line (and it's my mission to collect them all)! I only have the first 5 shades with me, which I'll be swatching below:
#1 HEART GRAPEFRUIT   |   #2 PRETTY ORANGE PINK   |   #3 SOLD OUT RED   | 
#4 BEAUTIFUL CORAL PINK   |   #5 ELF LIGHT ROSE

These first 5 shades are from the original launch and I find these shades to be very "neon-y" and vibrant, so I think these are fun shades for spring and summer. 






#1 HEART GRAPEFRUIT

Heart Grapefruit is a scarlet red hue with a hint of orange to it. This shade is very long-lasting with great staining ability. It leaves my lips tinted all day long for 6+ hours. It fades evenly on the lips and doesn't emphasize any textural areas.





#2 PRETTY ORANGE PINK

Pretty Orange Pink is a bright coral. Though this shade is very pigmented, it wasn't as intense as Heart Grapefruit, Beautiful Coral Pink, and Sold Out Red. The staining ability is also fairly good, lasting roughly ~4 hours. This shade, like the others, also smoothed out my fine lines and made my lips look very plump and full.





#3 SOLD OUT RED

Sold Out Red is a deeper, more intense true red. This shade is very similar to Heart Grapefruit in intensity, but its deeper in tone and without the orange tinge. This is one of the most long wearing shades out of the bunch, lasting ~7 hours. It fades very evenly and gracefully. These darker shades do not emphasize any dry patches on the skin, and make the lips look super smooth!





#4 BEAUTIFUL CORAL PINK

Beautiful Coral Pink is a vivid hot pink, which I think is perfect for summer (and despite the name, it's not coral AT ALL)! This is my favorite out of the five shades. I'm always drawn to very vibrant, bold pinks like these and this leaves behind a gorgeous bright pink tint. The tint wears for about 6 hours and fades just slightly uneven compared to the rest, but nothing very noticeable. 





#5 ELF LIGHT ROSE

Elf Light Rose is a soft rosy pink. It's the most natural looking out of the five shades, but I wouldn't consider it a nude since it does lean pretty far into the pink territory. The formula felt the same on my lips, but I felt like my fine lines weren't as filled in as with the other shades. It may be because this is a lighter hue, but regardless it didn't cling to any dry patches. The staining ability and wear time is much less than the other bold shades - I only noticed the tint wearing for 2-3 hours before wearing off completely. It's hard to tell with this shade since it's most similar to my natural lip color and the stain isn't as apparent.





One thing to note is that these are not transfer-proof. They do dry down to a velvety finish, but it does wear away, especially with drinking and eating. Overall, I think the performance was fantastic! Some of these tints wore an average of 6+ hours, while some were very hard to remove no matter how much I scrubbed my lips. The only shades with weaker staining ability is the two lightest shades, #2 Pretty Orange Pink and #5 Elf Light Rose. Regardless, all of the shades faded evenly and gracefully on the lips.


Wearing #3 Sold Out Red





FINAL THOUGHTS

Like I said, I am absolutely in LOVE with the Airy Ink Velvets! These have such a weightless and comfortable texture that smooths out the appearance of your lips, and feels nourishing on. They make my lips look so much softer and more plush than they actually are. These also have great tinting power and I just cannot recommend these enough!





WHERE TO BUY?

The Peripera Airy Ink Velvet is available at these retailers:

BBCosmetic,  $7.09 (save 8% off your total purchase with code: QZ89181D996W)
Amazon (Sold by Jolse, fulfilled by Amazon),  $7.99




Disclaimer:  All items mentioned in this post were gifted courtesy of BBCosmetic. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments