What's Inside: April (2015) BOXYCHARM 'BOXYBLOOM'

I am a huge fan of BOXYCHARM and have been a member for about a year. Now THAT is some true loyalty! If you're wondering what BOXYCHARM is, well it's a beauty box subscription service that costs $21 dollars a month. What's so great about this subscription service is that it usually has 4-5 FULL-SIZED products and sometimes 1 luxury/deluxe-sized sample. The beauty products can range anywhere from makeup, fragrances, beauty tools, or even hair products!




WHAT'S INSIDE:


  • Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Eye Shadow Palette - Full Size, Retails for $39.95 : I was BEYOND excited to receive this palette! To be honest, I was contemplating on canceling my subscription :(. I love BOXYCHARM a LOT, but honestly $21 a month is a lot for a college girl. Besides the price, having a subscription service also has another downside... All of the beauty products from each month truly adds up and I hate just having a drawer full of unused makeup that will take FOREVER to get to (I'm a true beauty hoarder)! ANYWAY, THIS palette is what made me decide to stay. The palette is made of a sturdy cardboard and has a total of 20 different matte and shimmery shades! For comparison, Urban Decay Naked palette only contains 12 shades. I get a mix of Urban Decay Naked 2 and Naked 3 vibes when I look at this palette. It has a lot of warm pinks and purples.  The amount of eyeshadow you get for the price is phenomenal. Don't trust the retail price above, I've seen this palette go on sale for as low as $19.95 and have even heard some say they've gotten it for as little as $10 before!



  • OFRA Illuminating Blush Stripes - Full Size, Retails for $35.00 : For the April BOXYBLOOM box, subscribers either received the OFRA Illuminating Blush Stripes/Powder Cake or the OFRA Derma Mineral Powder in Pink Sapphire. The Illuminating Blush Stripes is the one I was secretly hoping I would get, so I'm super happy when I saw it in my box! The blushes are made with high-grade pearls and pressed pigments. The blush stripes isn't something I would actually use for a blush, but I would definitely use this as a highlighter! Each shade in the 4 stripes have beautiful shimmery pigmentation and they glide on and blend out like a dream. This product will highlight your cheek bones and give you a natural beautiful glow. And what's even better?! This product can double up as an eyeshadow quad!
  • Coolway Smoothing Lotion - Full Size, Retails for $24.95 : This is a conditioning lotion that is packed full of vitamins and proteins to smooth out your hair and give you control. This is the perfect sized bottle to throw into your purse for quick fix-ups when your hair randomly goes out of control. I especially love this product for when I'm trying to get a sleek look and tame my flyaways.
  • Harvey Prince Signature Fragrance Mini Roller - Mini Roller,  Retails for $21.00 : This was actually my least favorite item in April's BOXYCHARM. I actually disliked the scent of this fragrance and have personally never heard of Harvey Prince besides receiving another scent from him in a past BOXYCHARM. I usually love frangrances, but for me this one was just mediocre. The notes include fresh citrus, pink grapefruit, Hawaiian jasmine, honeysuckle, amber, vanilla, and patchouli. Don't get me wrong, the scent is very nice, but it just wasn't for ME. It's a very sweet and feminine scent and would be nice one for everyday wear.


  • ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss in Fairy Floss - Full Size, Retails for $16.00 : Subscribers either received this ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss in a variety of colors or the Vincent Longo Duo Lip Pencil (Retails for $26.00). This is a super nice gloss, but I'm not crazy about the color Fairy Floss... it's just too light to make a noticeable difference on my lips. However, I love the formula of this gloss even though it feels slightly sticky. The formula gives my lips a great long-lasting shine. I absolutely love how there is a small mirror on the side of the tube that allows for quick and easy check-ups for on-the-go. As Lil Mama would say, "My lip gloss is poppin'!" LOL

Total value of April 'BOXYBLOOM' BOXYCHARM: $136+

BUT, What made me dislike this box is that even though every subscriber paid the same $21 for the box, some subscribers got the more expensive Vincent Longo Duo Lip Pencil and I just didn't see how that was fair to the other members. Usually BOXYCHARM is really good at either giving everybody the same items in the box, with varieties of color, or at least the same value in each box. I was slightly disappointed in them for this month.

Though BOXYCHARM is very dear to my heart, I might be canceling my subscription soon... We shall see!

No comments